JPD: Woman passed out on air duster charged with child endangerment | Crime
An exterminator found something other than ants inside an apartment Thursday afternoon. Jonesboro police say she found a woman passed out on inhalants, leaving a small child unattended.
The exterminator told police she was conducting a routine check at Stratford Manor apartments, 1906 W. Matthews, around 3 p.m. when she found 26-year-old Megan Lashea Davidson passed out on the couch. She then called the apartment manager.
When the manager’s assistant arrived, the two women tried to revive Davidson.
They told police Davidson had a can of duster in her hand. “When she would come to she would put (the duster) to her mouth and continue to inhale it,” according to the report.
The women took the child, who had “crawled over to them,” to the assistant’s car and called 911.
Davidson was still passed out holding the can of air duster when the first officer arrived on the scene. The officer then called for an ambulance.
When Officer Susan Gray arrived at the apartment, she reported Davidson was awake and becoming coherent. She also reported the front of Davidson’s t-shirt was “soaked with drool.”
After she was cleared by EMS, Gray arrested Davidson.
Before leaving for the Craighead County Sheriff’s Office, Davidson reportedly asked Gray if she would “get her soda from her purse so she could have a drink of it prior to transport.”
When Gray opened the purse, she reported finding six Walmart receipts for air duster.
According to the report, Davidson said she “only uses one can a day.”
Davidson was taken to CCDC where she was cited for breathing/inhaling/drinking certain intoxicating compounds and endangering the welfare of a minor. She is being held in lieu of $1,145 surety bond.
The child was placed in the custody of a Department of Human Services agent and the police report has been faxed to the Child Abuse Hotline.