JPD: Cash, drugs found in suspect's room | Crime
A parolee is back behind bars after Jonesboro police say they found cash and drugs in his room.
Monday afternoon officers were called to the 1500-block of Pratt Circle regarding complaints of short-term traffic at a home.
According to the initial police report, a resident at the home signed a consent form allowing officers permission to search the house.
Once inside, officers say they found 29-year-old Eric H. Thomas in a bedroom.
After learning that Thomas was on parole and Suspended Imposition of Sentence (SIS), they conducted an SIS search of his room.
Officers reported finding:
- 8.9 grams of suspected marijuana, valued at $25
- 9.5 grams of suspected cocaine, valued at $950
- 0.9 grams of suspected methamphetamine, valued at $90
- 5 Xanax
- 1 Valium
- Glass pipe with burn residue
- Set of digital scales
- $621 in cash
After being read his Miranda rights, officers say Thomas admitted in a recorded interview that the drugs were his.
Officers arrested Thomas and took him to the Craighead County Detention Center where he was held on the following charges:
- Possession of a Schedule II controlled substance (methamphetamine) with the purpose to deliver
- Possession of a Schedule II controlled substance (cocaine) with the purpose to deliver
- Possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance (marijuana)
- Possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance (Xanax and Valium)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Thomas was scheduled to appear in District Court for a probable cause hearing on Tuesday. His next court date is March 25 in Circuit Court.
According to the police report, the suspected drugs will be sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for analysis.