Bridge St. closure detours JETS routes | News
On Tuesday, June 19, Bridge Street between Johnson Avenue and Cate Street will be closed for much-needed repairs on the bridge. The project is not expected to be completed until sometime in November.
Traffic will be detoured around the construction project, which means a change in bus service to that area.
According to the Jonesboro Economical Transit System (JETS), beginning on Friday, June 15, Route 35 will no longer serve the following stops until construction is complete:
- Johnson Avenue at Bills Market (nearest stop is Route 35’s service to Patrick Street and Johnson Avenue)
- Bridge Street and Cate Avenue (nearest stop is Route 15’s service to Creath Avenue and van Dyne Street)
- Bridge Street @ Clopton Clinic/Benedictine Manor (nearest stop is Route 15’s service to Bridge Street at Benedictine Manor)
- Washington Avenue and Kitchen Street at the Church Health Clinic (nearest stop is Route 15’s service to Washington Avenue at St. Bernards Sr Ctr)
- Washington Avenue and Patrick Street (nearest stop is Route 15’s service to Washington Avenue and Patrick Street)
However, the re-routing will allow for service at the following stops until the end of the Bridge Street construction project:
- Leggett Street at Sonic Drive In
- Aggie Road and Rodgers Street
- Aggie Road and Azalea Street
- Aggie Road and Melrose Street
- Aggie Road and University Loop – West
Also, to allow for the necessary re-routing of JETS Route 35, adjustments must be made to JETS Route 55 to allow for this route to absorb a portion of the area that has been being served by JETS Route 35.
Beginning on June 15th, the JETS Route 55 will serve stops at:
- Race Street at Ecumenical Apartments
- Browns Lane at Mid-South Health Systems
- Browns Lane Access at the Department of Human Services
- Longview Drive at DHS Rehabilitative services
- Longview Drive and Enterprise Drive
- Windover Road at NEA Baptist Clinic
To accommodate these adjustments, beginning June 15th JETS Route 55 will no longer serve the stops at
- Caraway Road and Fowler Avenue (nearest stop is Route 55’s service to Bernard Street and Fowler Avenue)
- Southwest Drive at Department of Finance and Administration (nearest stop is Route 15’s service to this stop)
While JETS Route 15 will experience no changes in the stops that it serves, some of its service times had to be adjusted to allow for inter-route transfers.
Please consult the attached route map and the adjusted schedule for each of JETS three Fixed Routes to determine the appointed times for JETS service for all of JETS 110 stops.