Three from Jonesboro inducted into Veterans Hall of Fame | News
On Friday night three people from Jonesboro were inducted into the Arkansas Military Veterans Hall of Fame.
U.S. Senator Mark Pryor and Lt. Gov. Mark Darr presented the Hall of Fame Medallions to the recipients during a banquet at the Embassy Suites in Little Rock.
Among the inductees were Albert M. Richardson and Ronnie Max Miller, both residents of Jonesboro, and Lynn C. Hooper, who now lives in Alexandria, Virginia.
Richardson was honored for both his military and public service, as well as veterans advocacy.
The 2012 inductees also included other residents from Your Region 8:
- Brigadier General Herbert Lloyd of Hope - Two Silver Stars, four Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts, Vietnam.
- Colonel Paul Longgrear of Jonesboro (now living in Pine Mountain, Ga.) - Silver Star, three Bronze Stars, two Purple Hearts, Vietnam.
- Sergeant Stephen Branham of Des Arc (now living in Houston, Texas) - Distinguished Service Cross, four Bronze Stars, Purple Heart, Vietnam.
- Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock (deceased) of North Little Rock - Silver Star, Purple Heart, Vietnam.
- Brigadier General Lynn Hooper of Jonesboro (now living in Alexandria, Va.) - Two Silver Stars, two Bronze Stars, Purple Heart and The Distinguished Flying Cross, Vietnam.
- 1st Lieutenant Harry Godwin (deceased) of Hampton - Distinguished Service Cross, two Bronze Stars, Purple Heart, Vietnam.
- 1st Lieutenant Walter Rhodes of Benton - Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Korea.
- Colonel Charles Milam of Camden, Arkansas (now living in Rotonda West, Florida), Silver Star, Bronze Star, Korea
- Sergeant Artis Breland of Camden - Distinguished Service Cross, Purple Heart, Vietnam.
- Master Sergeant James Clifton of Vilonia - Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, WWII and Korea.
- Colonel Jesse Johnson of Pocahontas - (now living Valrico, Fla.) - Three Silver Stars, three Purple Hearts, Distinguished Service Cross, Defense Distinguished Service Medal, Vietnam, Gulf War.
- Sergeant Dale Bumpers of Charleston - Governor of Arkansas, U.S. Senator, WWII.
- Sergeant Major Don Cain of Bearden - Korean Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Korea.
- Major Ronnie Miller of Jonesboro - Two Distinguished Flying Crosses, two Bronze Stars, Vietnam.
- Private First Class Albert Richardson of Jonesboro - Bronze Star, Purple Heart, WWII.